View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Thanks for the quick reply guys because YOU KNOW I am trying to get out and enjoy awesome top-down weather in Dallas right now….aaah, just don't want the steering wheel to come off in my hands!

Hi Feelyx: The lever below my wheel adjusts the telescoping, which does not affect this particular problem with the "slack" in the wheel. I originally found it when I went to steer with my knee (don't read me the riot act, I know, it was a long trip and I was thumbing my wife when I would be home). That is when I first noticed it just feel sloppy around the back of the steering wheel.

I had a P.P.I. done at Walter Porsche in CA and they did not catch it (or other items - but don't get me started). There is no side-to-side slop just when you "lift up from the 6:00 position" on the wheel. May pull it off and give a look and report back.

Hello DFW02S: Looks like fun! May not be this weekend but I'll be there! I have a friend that lives in Starwood, would give me a reason to get out. I live on a ranch between McKinney & Sherman…so everything is a drive! Need some good info you have about these F.I.N.E. cars. Gotta love 'em!

It is a used car. I expected something worse (actually prepared for IMS/RMS), so it will take some time to sort all the picadillos. Every car I have bought used required something when I got it home and after a few months all have been reliable high-mileage, daily drivers, I pray this Box is the same or better than previous Mercedes as far reliability. She sure feels WAY better to drive than that those "boxy-handling" other german cars! Not that they are all that way. My Boxster just feels more akin to riding a bike. You can't be too gentle, and, in most situations you definitely do not want to be too firm either!

Did I mention a great bunch of people that drive P-cars, too?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Homeboy981 is offline   Reply With Quote