Thread: fuel enconomy
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #11
berj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Don't worry about miles per gallon....it's all about smiles per gallon that matters!

Look at what people are willing to spend at Starbucks everyday, or bottled water. Don't worry about gas mileage and fuel costs. IMHO.
I respectfully disagree.. somewhat. My main concern isn't necessarily cost spent on gas (though that's important too) but rather gas consumed and its effect on the environment. Certainly I'm aware of the fact that I'm driving a performance car with the attendant consumption but it's always possible to find a balance. If you can change your driving habits somewhat (without losing the enjoyment of your vehicle) why wouldn't you? You save money at the very least.

If I were getting only 350km per tank on the highway I would definitely go get my car checked out -- from my point of view that's 32 extra litres I'm consuming (my car get's 800 per 64 litre fill). Over the course of a year of steady driving that's at least $800 wasted.

Even with combined city and highway driving I'd expect to get something like 500km on a tank.

I'm not sure about older cars, though.. and everyone's driving style is different.
berj is offline   Reply With Quote