View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #134
Seal Gray S

I know this is a dead thread, but there were some questions about making this mod to a S muffler with welded tips and avoiding drill bits from walking due to the drill bit attack angle. Here is what I did. 1) using a long flat screwdriver and hammer, chisel the screwdriver’s tip into the pipe where Crios recommended you make the holes. 2) When the edge of the screwdriver just starts to dig into the pipe, angle the screwdriver so the tip will travel upward making a 1/16th in cut. 3) now put the tip of the screwdriver near the origin of the hole and angle the tip down so you start making a "v" in the pipe as you advance the tip...continue doing steps 2 and 3 making the "v" big enough so you can get a 3/16th inch drill bit on the flat surface that the "v" makes. 4) using a 3/16th inch metal cutting bit, drill a hole through the "v”. 5) continue to increase the hole size by steeping up the size of the bit.
I struggled with a solution for the bit walking for about 2 hours...tried using the wood block method with no luck...came back to read this string about 3 times...then got the balls to start using force. Once I figured it out it took me about 20 min to finish the job.

Good luck.
Seal Gray S is offline   Reply With Quote