View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
Pat

Revisiting the underdrive pully topic for fresh info.

I'm going to install a UDP soon, and want to get everyone's take on the "latest and greatest." My primary reason for installing the UDP is to hopefully prevent damage to my power steering system. I get a few track days in every year and have noticed the power steering fluid get low at times. Of course, I'm not going to deny a couple extra HP would be nice, but that is secondary for my priorities. I'm mainly hoping to save money on future repairs. Along those lines, I may also install the LN power steering fluid cooler.
UDP manufacturers have come out with a few designs. Ideally, I'd get the lightest, smallest pulley. It seems to me like there have been no ill side effects with even the smallest pulleys out there. So who makes the smallest and lightest one out there? I think I read the BBI unit is a 16% reduction, and the RSS is 15%. Can anyone confirm this? Is there any other one I should consider?
I know there has been a lot of talk about this, but didn't see any recent posts. With how quickly things like this change, I thought there may be a newer or better option out there. Again, my priorities are to have a significant decrease in accessories speed. Yes, I understand there may be ill side effects if I go too much in that direction.
Thanks guys!:dance: