View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
DenverSteve

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your purchase. I've owned two Boxsters but not that year. On mine the partial electric seats have three controls. The slider to move the seat cushion forward or back is in the front. Pull up on it to slide the seat. The second is the flipper lever on the side that controls height. That one pulls up and then you have to shift your weight to raise the seat cushion height. Then the third is the electric seat-back control. I would start by lowering the seat as far down as possible then move it forward. Once this is done you will have enough room to move the seat-back forward.

It is possible that if the seat-back is reclined then the height is brought up, you could have the seat-back wedged an unable to move it forward from its current position. Good luck.

The lever on the seat back around your head height is what allows the seat-back to move forward to access behind the seat. If that won't work as well, I would guess your seat is wedged too tight to move it forward. Try the above first. Just don't force it.