Thread: fuel enconomy
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911sc
I like to know if anyone out there have the similar problem that i have ,today i fill up the gas to full tank and had only driving it for 8.8 km the fuel guage meter seem to drop a bit ,if i have to guese is should be around 3mm in gap ,i have driving it once with full tank to light on i am getting 400km is that sound normal ? it's 97 boxster ,is that normal only it's up to full tank? after a 1/4 tank than it seem to be okay ,which u don't notice in when down that quick when looking to the fuel guage ,appericiate if someone know this problem,thank's
Hi,

There are really a several issues here. First, if the Car isn't level when you Fuel it, it can cut-off before the Tank is actually Full. Try this again at a different pump which seems level and see if it makes a difference. Second, there is some variation in the Gauge. It can drop more/less suddenly due to Temp, Barometric Pressure and voltage - not much variation, but some nonetheless.

Finally, when trying to determine range, you'd need to consistently drive the same route at the same speed(s), shifting points, weight, Head Wind/Tail Wind to determine anything with consistency. Even a long idle on one tankful will make a difference on your average. The OBC Hack will help alot as it constantly averages and recomputes the data. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!...Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote