View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #58
papasmurf

I like it....

When the photos of the silver car in the canyon were leaked a few weeks back I was not so sure...something just didn't look right...too much wheel gap and the car looked squashed front to back to me. After seeing the glamour shots on porsche's website I am liking it alot more. I am still not pleased with the car getting larger and would rather it be about the size of an mx-5 (assuming they are not bringing the baby boxster to market). It could even have less horsepower than the last generation as long as they make it lighter (2700-2800 lbs). The car is getting expensive so I would like to see more aluminum in it as an attempt to lighten the car. I do agree the seam above the intake is very strange...makes you wonder if the rocker area is replaceable or the rear fender? The headlights are not exactly the best part of the car as I would prefer them a bit more rounded as they are "MR2 ish". The only real thing I am bummed about is that with the big intake on the side, it looks like the rocker panel decals are a thing of the past. The car definately looks alot more exotic than the previous generations....hopefully it will drive the used prices down on 987's so I can afford one soo (make it a spyder too).

Last edited by papasmurf; 01-14-2012 at 11:18 AM.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote