View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #15
Frank

Hi,
Today was a bad day for me and my box.To start with,on thursday; I decided to go ahead with the head gasket and see what would happen.They did not seem happy that I did not want to replace the engine.I said,if they won't do the head job,just put the car back the way it was.He said he refuses to put it back the way it was.Today,I got a call from the owner of the shop saying he does not like me questioning his mechanic and telling him how to do his job.He said he took off the head and confirmed that the engine is blown.He sais he found the piston ring broke into many peices and the ring went through the entire engine including the exaust manifold making that entire side basically fried.(now,when I tried to start the engine whed it first happened;it sounded normal like it could start,I had no metal noises at any point or any noises to imly somehting like thid happened so if probably didn't.)He the sais he will not work on my car and wants me to come pick everything up(I kinda laugh at this point).

This is what I found on my answering machine at my office this morning.We have been communicating using my cell then entire time but I guess he didn't want to talk to me so he called my office on the weekend.

I guess this confirms that he is trying to rip me off

So,I followed up be giving him a letter (and sending a copy certified mail) saying that he took my engine out without my permision and never game me an estimate to sign(NJ law sais you must get a signed estimate to start work).Then saying I want him to put my car back together like when I brought it to him with it turning over, and call me when it is done.then saying,I will not be paying him for his time. I plan on taking this as far as necessary to get my car back and running.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions other then I'm getting screwed.

Thanks,
Frank
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote