Thread: Dash Speakers
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
ericinca

I don't want to get into religious discussions here... but here goes. Before I was a 986 guy, I was an audiophile of sorts. I've purchased both Infinity and Polk speakers for my various cars in my life. My first set of car speakers were from Polk. I found the Polk to be too bright that my ears started hurting after listening to them for a while. I then found the sound of Infinity speakers to be warm and neutral and have been an Infinity customer ever since, both for car and home. I have believed that Polk is good at marketing but may not have the best products (FWIW, I believe the same about Bose), but I also believe Infinity lacks in marketing but has some of the best products. (That may not be a fair assessment.) Ultimately, the speakers you decide on should appeal to your personal tastes.

In terms of the amp, I also got an Infinity amp. It replaced my old front-trunk HAES amp. I couldn't figure out how to do it well myself well, so I took it to an audio installer, who did the installation with very reasonable cost. I have to say he did a bang up job. The amp is mounted in the same place where the old amp was, and the bracket is gone. The installation looks stock, with the exception of course that it doesn't look like a HAES amp!

Good luck!

Eric
ericinca is offline   Reply With Quote