View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #13
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
As good as the black stripes look I like the idea of different color stripes too. Saw this car at Cars and Coffee Charlotte and thought it looked good.

I hope someone called the police and reported that front license plate catastrophe! That thing looks hideous. What an eye sore.

That blue decal is eye-catching but I think he should have done the PORSCHE lettering. It's very retro. Can't lose with decals either way. If you get tired of it...just peel it off. I love the way it makes the car look like its going fast even when parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
The night pic of your car looks fantastic! Looking forward to seeing your Carrera wheels with the black chrome finish (if that's what it is called).

Thanks for the Klisstle mention. I've been trying unsuccessfully to get someone to try a color other than body color. I mocked up this red set before installing my white body color matching set. I never really considered red for my car since I don't have any red other than the brakes and lights. I did however consider a grey to match my wheels.

That night shot was done with my cellphone camera. I have to hand it to the Boxster designers. for a soon to be 19 year old design, it looks as current as anything being made today. It just needs a few things to keep it fresh like the 997 Turbo wheels and aero. I love the way the light catches the skirting.

I think that a contrasting color for the roll hoops would work on a black or grey Boxster. But on a color like white or yellow, keeping it body color gives a great visual punch.
Everytime I see your ad I kick myself because I've had to repaint the front bumper twice and I keep putting off ordering a set. What a dummy. Those hoops really transform the top down look of the rear. The car looks unfinished without it.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-03-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote