View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350 View Post
Those wheels look pretty cool...I like that!! If those are winter wheels I bet your summer ones look really nice
I decided to go with replicas for winter because my factory Carreras are getting too pricey to replace so I want to minimize the winter abuse. I had to get one welded last winter and the lowest price I could find for a factory piece was $500 and that was for one that still needed refinishing. I paid $1100 for the Carreras before the Euro took off in 2005. I doubt I could even get the 30lb. Italian (Chinese) replicas for that much today.

I'm going to have the Carreras redone in the BMW M3 shadow color by a wheel restorer my indy mechanic uses. Should be a nice contrast to the arctic silver and black stripes. I like the winter wheel look but the additional 10 pounds per wheel with a heavy winter tire really kills the acceleration. Not to mention the RE11 Potenza is as close to the RA-1 r comp that I've had so far. something to look forward to come April.

My M5 OEM Shadow Chrome Wheels: Quest for Refurbish Perfection - Detailing World

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-02-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote