View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #13
Bala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
Muffler shops charge $49.95 in my city to replace a O2 sensor that has the pigtail/connector. 6 months ago did it for my Boxster and in the same week for my CRV. Same charge.

If you have oil in there, you have more serious problems and are just wasting $ until you sort out the big problem (AOS, rings, ??)

I do recommend the Bosch ones with the pre-installed wires and connectors as the connection must be done by crimping or it gives false readings. And the Bosch people use robot machines and test afterwards to make sure the things are done right. I've seen too many horror stories from the cheap sensors to try and save the few dollars.

Cross reference of part numbers on my O2 sensors web page.
Mike,
Thanks for the input but I bought this car knowing it had some issues. So have a list of things to fix and don't want to go genuine given the costs. I feel some things aftermarket is worth a try, IMHO. Some things I already know will cause issues if taken the aftermarket way. Also it is a pretty simple part and don't think someone other than Bosch would not be able to get it right. Think it would be worth a try given the low price. If it doesn't then put in OEM ones.

I crimped it and taped the replacement one well and it seems to be working. I cleaned the MAF again. Now on to the next O2 error.

I ordered a replacement for my AOS tube that broke. I will take a closer look at the AOS again when replacing the tube. A new one is on the way anyway and if it looks like its oiled badly I shall replace it. That I ordered genuine.
2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote