View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
Bala

Installation by self is doable as long as you read the instruction over and over, go thru the motion of installing and take note of the areas you are not sure of and check with maker. Especially critical is the back and fron edges. No instructions tell you how and exactly where the seams or edges should be and how tight. If it is not snug enough you will get creases and if its too tight the top wont close. It will be good to have help.

one more advice remove the old top just when you are ready to install the new one. This way the process stays fresh in your mind. Might even want to take pics and videos of the removal for reference. Will really help.

Even if you didnt aligh the rear and front and taped it. Its not a big issue to remove and redo. But need enough tape. You should use the 3m tape and nothing else. And you will end up breaking the rivets on the b pillar plastic pieces. Im waiting for mine to arrive so i can redo. My top isnt closing and the maker hasnt been much help. The factory top come with stitches and seams that help you align thrm exactly where they need to go. These aftermarket ones do t. mine had the leather piece in the front unattached.
2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote