View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
LenA

Purchase Opinions

I have been looking a bit for my first Boxster and found a couple that I am interested in your opinions on. I am just south of LA.

1st car is a silver '03 with 61k miles. Dealer asking $15.3k. Everything works fine, has 17" wheels with nice Conti's and fresh brakes. Don't know about other service, will check with the dealer that is listed on the Carfax for previous service

2nd car is speed yellow '00 with 88k miles. Private seller asking $12.5k. this car has new clutch, new L&N IMS bearing, new tires, new brakes, just completed 90k service.

I have not driven the 2000 yet. Given the recent maintenance, and the upgraded IMS, are the higher miles something that folks would be concerned with?

There are also a couple of lower mileage cars around, a '03 with 53k and a '04 with 43k, but dealers are asking $18k and $19k, and both have the original bearing. Part of me is thinking go with a slightly cheaper/higher mileage car and use the money saved for clutch/IMS upgrade, or in the case of the 2000, refresh suspension or ? Not sure 10 or 20k less miles is worth $3-$4k. Obviously I would have a PPI, probably with Tony Callas as he is only a mile or two away

Any thoughts? It is nice to have so many options so close

Thanks, sorry for the long post

Len
LenA is offline   Reply With Quote