View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 02:51 AM   #5
fooksm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer View Post
Oh boy, this won't be a 'happy new year' -- when driving home tonight I suddenly couldn't get my '98 Box into 5th gear... and then, shortly after, I realize that I only have 2nd and 4th -- no 1st, no 3rd, and no reverse. The shifter is also "loose", vertically. As always, any help appreciated.

-- peer
Prime suspect is that one of your gear cable holders have come loose at the end where they attach to the gearbox... The cables themselves will almost certainly still be connected but because the outer cable sheath is no longer held in a fixed location, the amount of push or pull that your gear lever puts on the gearbox levers is greatly reduced and hence, so is your gear choice.

Heavy duty tie wraps will give you a quick fix.

Happy New Year. :-)
2001 Boxster S - 997 GT3 bodykit, Techart Wheels, Air Suspension, 2DIN stereo-GPS-Bluetooth-Reverse numberplate camera, rear speakers, Park assist, PSM, Litronic, Porsche Crests in the headrests, Rebuilt engine-IMS upgrade,Eurocup Boxster matched tube manifolds-twin high-flow cats- twin high flow rear silencers, Short-shift kit.

1999 Boxster - Xenon dip, Main and fog, Park assist, stereo-GPS-Bluetooth, rear speakers, sub-woofer
fooksm is offline   Reply With Quote