View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
vilemd

Garage
I need help!!! After clearing codes.. Car wont idle

so i just bought this boxster tonight. 2000 s type. when i was driving it home it did run out of gas almost, started to sputter and then got gas and it was all good, pulled into my drive way and i know one of the issues with the car was the MAF (mass air flow sensor) needed to be replaced which i already ordered online.

so here is the problem... just for ****************s and giggles i took my cheap little car code reader and hooked it up to the car, it read alot of codes, like 11 of them. i then scrolled down to "CLEAR CODES" and hit enter. as soon as i did that... the car died. i thought maybe it just needs to be shut off and restarted. so i did and everything the same thing happens

car starts up perfectly, runs 2-3 seconds and then dies

if i were to hit the gas peddle all the way it does barley stay running, and that with the gas peddle 80% of the way down

so what did i do wrong?? did i maybe reset the entire computer??? are you not supposed to use the cheap code readers on these? how would this get fixed?

any help would be awsome, i just sold my bmw z3 roadster... in the 4 miles i drove this boxster s... wow, i want more
vilemd is offline   Reply With Quote