Thread: satellite radio
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #16
cfos

I'm not looking for a flame wars either, I just happen to disagree with your argument. As for citing materials and reports. If you look hard enough, you can find data to argue any point/hypothesis. Citing a report by the SEC may be valid, but it is still an appeal to authority. If I were to cite FEMA reports from the recent hurricanes in the South, would you believe all they said...? How about if it came from the President?

Laws changes just as authority. I started this post with a question regarding satellite radios and if people had installed them in Boxsters and if so, where. I did openly wonder about whether Porsche would opt for it and wondered why they hadn't offered it. I disagree with your argument and in fact was mistaken in that Porsche does offer it on the Cayenne. I did get the price quote wrong, nonetheless it is offered.

Personally, I don't care about the financial or government reports. As I said in another post, I currently subscribe, as do 4,999,999 others, to XM. Last time I checked, neither of us worked for Porsche and are not entitled to speak on their behalf as to why they do/don't offer it. We can theorize, but it really is moot.(unless you own stock) And even if satellite goes under next year, what is the lost? $300? $400? It's the experience that draws the value. Heck, if we want to go down this road, let's talk about how there won't be any gas left to run in our porsches in 40 or so years. So, rather than spend 10 or so minutes trying to find a report from an "authority" on whether gas will run out in 40 years to refute this post, let people that have satellite radios reply and answer the questions as to where they install their antennas and leave us to our faultering businesses. We can bring this back up in 10 or so years, k? Who knows, maybe next year Porsche will offer wiper blades on their headlights.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote