View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
BCporsche

Garage
I too have a problem with my "Brake Wear Indicator" it is on solid and I have checked all my brakes and all is well (over 50% ) I have also unplugged each "wear sensor" and each one has ohmed thru (less than 3 ohms each) I have looked at the wiring diagram and see that a single wire arrives at Plug 1 (blue) at the dash at terminal 23 and the second wire arrives on Plug 3,terminal 13. Both wires are Brown/Black. What I can't find is where the four pairs of brake sense wires join to become the two listed above that go into the Instrument Cluster. I see reference to the connections in the circuit diagram but nothing on location. Has anyone worked on this type of problem before? can anyone offer any suggestions on what I might try next. Somewhere in the Instrument Cluster I would assume is a relay that is normally held up by +12vdc at the coil and - 12volts (Grd) getting to the negative side of the coil by running thru all the brake sensors and then bac to the coil. Brake Sensor goes bad, coil losed -12volts (grd) and the relay drops which in turn closes siruit to light bulb? I would guess this is how it works but I can not find the relay or circuit diagram for such a beast. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help
BCporsche is offline   Reply With Quote