Thread: A FOB mystery
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #16
mikehkang

In the interest of collecting "useful" information, I want to share with you guys what I found so far in my quest to have my lazy fob to work consistently.

BTW, I have confirmed that my Ebay purchased 2032 battery is fully charged.

Allegedly, following three different ways worked for someone, at least once.

### 1 ####
1.1- Lock the doors from the outside by using the key in the door lock.
1.2- Unlock the drivers side door using the key in the door lock.
1.3- Within about 10 seconds or so, open the door and insert the key into the ignition. DON'T START THE CAR!!
1.4- With the key still in the ignition, push the unlock button on the key.
1.5- Voila, you should be good to go.

(The following is a copy from Fixya.com. I don't think it was copyrighted so here it is.)
The key fobs do get stuck in the on position, especially if you leave them in your pockets all day long. The buttons get stuck in the down/pressed position causing the battery to wear down and eventually the remote itself needs to be re-programed.

Also, could check the battery in the keyfob, its possible that they need replace it and re-programming. Check this ways:

### 2 ###
- If the key had gone faulty, the key code must be re programmed on the vehicle computer. This can be done only using a PIWIS tool, available at the dealer or at a qualified Porche garage.
Try also the following reset:
* turn ignition on,
* turn off.
* remove the transponder from the column
* push any button on the fob within 6 seconds.

This procedure will reset the key synchronizing again with the vehicle computer.

### 3 ###
- If you put the battery upside down you risk to short the key remote and break it. When the key fob is falshing slower it means that is not synchrronised with the car.

Try also the procedure below:
* Unlock your car using the key
* Open car door ( if alarm goes off, put key in the ignition to stop the alarm).
* Press unlock button on remote and the remote will resynchronize with the car.

If it does not work, then you have either two faulty remotes, if you are not, you have a faulty control module or a problem with ECU.

The above methods did not work for me.
In fact, using method #1, I **SOMETIMES** get the car to sound after the step 1.4 but not all the time. Either way, the fob does not work.

I guess I will be visiting the dealer soon.

I hope above methods help some one in the future.

MHK
mikehkang is offline   Reply With Quote