View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
dirkdiggler

Boxster Suspention Question???

My 97 boxster with 70k miles was a REALLY REALLY REALLY rough ride on semi-bumpy roads ...... I know something was wrong/worn out considering my other car Lexus IS300 was not rough ride at all on same road/roads.

The shocks were all original so assumed it would be good time to replace them.

I bought 4 Brand New regular Bilstein shocks and installed them with the help of my mechanic buddy. They are the regulars ones and NOT the stiffer sport ones Bilstein offers. Wanted a smoother ride and had no problem sacrificing handling performance for this.

After the Install my car still Rides extremely rough on pretty much any road that isnt brand new. :-( Really doesnt feel much better than the original shocks.

Looked at the control arms and all the rubber bushings seemed to look and be ok still.....

Car does have the 16 rims so it should ride pretty darn smooth if nothing is wrong....right??

Replaced all 4 shocks, all drop links, both front Tie-rods also.

Questions:

1.) Do brand new shocks need some time to soften up or break in??

2.) Anything I may have done wrong during install??...car rides straight on highway and no shaking or anything like that .... Just handles aged roads very horribly still.

3.) What other suspension parts can cause extremely rough ride on a boxster?

Any Help is appreciated Guys???

Took a girl out to movie in the Box 2 weeks ago and even she was like "this car rides really really rough/bumpy".......all I could say was "uggghhhh"!!!
dirkdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote