View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #13
jaykay

Stone how did you make your numbers??

Can you make some for me ....looks great

I have black paint so everything I stick on there causes problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I did my first weekend on the Nitto NT01's with the POC at Willow Springs Big Track. Between the stickier tires and my slow but steady improvement in driving, I was able to take 9 sec's off my lap time from last May and was able to run in the top 2/3's of the Time Trial group ahead of many cars with more horsepower.

The first session I took fairly slow to scrub the tires in and let them start to get some heat. It was a cold day and I didn't want to make the rookie mistake of going out too fast on new, cold tires.

Second session, I sped up and got the tires up to working temp but didn't push too hard and then adjusted pressures after the session to 37F/38R.

By the third session, the car, the tires, and my brain were all sufficiently warmed up so I started pushing hard to chase down a few of the other cars. The tires were incredible, just tons of grip with a little bit of squeal as they were starting to get loose. Very controllable and relatively forgiving if I overcooked going into a corner.

The rest of the weekend went fantastic and the tires look to be in great condition afterwards with wear close to the sidewall arrows.

I'm hooked!

Last edited by jaykay; 12-23-2011 at 08:02 AM.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote