View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #30
Aron in Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA6 View Post
Strong Porsche in Salt Lake is great, I know them for years now, they always treated me right, never a problem.
+1
I had Dave Strong do a long distance PPI for me over 8 years ago and they continue to treat me better than my local dealers. They've given me info over the phone on my car (radio code) that the local dealer wanted to charge $100 to supply.

When my car was new to me I wanted the local dealer to do some basic work like the required safety inspection, and install an airbag deactivation bar. They did the inspection but would not fill out the official safety paperwork needed to import and register the car and insisted that the MoT and Registrar of Imported Vehicles would accept their paperwork. You can imagine how that went over with the Mot clerk. When I called them back, they insisted the clerk was in the wrong and still refused to file the correct paperwork. I ended up paying another garage to reinspect and file the paperwork.

On my second visit to have the airbag deactivation bar installed my service advisor wanted to charge to activate computer when at that time PCNA was covering the bill to do this work. My airbag fault light came on the first time a passenger sat in the seat and they insisted that it was not related to the work they had just performed and quoted me double the amount other dealers were charging to replace seat belt receptacles.

There were other little things that left me with a bad feelings towards the dealership service dept, like telling me they have no coffee for customers and gave me direction to walk to the nearest coffee shop only to find out when i got back from my walk & have receptionist laugh and point out their full espresso bar.
On the same visit I'm waiting and talking with another customer and we were comparing my Arctic Silver '97 with his brand new GT Silver Boxster SE550 with the espresso interior, when another advisor walks up and joins the conversation and tell us that these two Boxsters are the ugliest Porsches he's ever seen. The two of us were speechless.