View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
Eric G
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Eastern Washington (Tri Cities)

Wanted to take the time to introduce myself to everyone but realized I put it in the wrong section...sorry.

I live on the dry side of Washington with a great benefit of having the every enticing North Central Oregon roads just a few miles from where I live.

I have had Porsches in the past but there has always been a little side of me that had longed for the Boxster. I was offered a 98 at a price I could not say no to, not just for price, but for the fact that she has been well cared for from day one.

She is a Finland built car and has 88K on her as she sits now. There are a few mods and tuning items I am currently working on: desnorkled (thanks CRISO), new rotors and pads, throttle body goes back on today after cleaning (thanks Pedro), ordered an updated suspension and new front wheel bearings and updated racing seats are on their way and will be installed later this week. Don't get me wrong, she is a strong well running car, I am just one of those people that does not feel comfortable with a car until I have gone through it and understand what and how it works.

I have taken a few weeks to go through and search the threads, look at links, discover the issues and areas with the 986 and to see what everyone else is doing. My hats off to you guys as I have seen many outstanding cars and innovative projects/ideas. It is really funny, no matter where you go or what you ride or drive, people who love their toys are some of the most creative and inventive people you met.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!