View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
Kroggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Water and foreign object ingestion was a problem on first generation Boxsters. If you are building a race car and never plan to run it in the rain, why not mount a roof intake scoop and a nice large flexible intake duct directly to your air filter box, GT-1 style:
Carbon Creations Carbon Creations Universal Hood Roof Scoop 1 - 102894
Yes, it is a dedicated racing car, but we do have some wet racing as well - can not plan every race to be in the sun

The filter location in my 911 and the motorbike is more open than on the Boxster and I have never had problems with rain whilst driving. I will assume water getting to the filter is more of a problem when the engine is not running...

The scoop idea has been considered and an interesting option, but our class regulations does not permit any "new" holes to be put into the firewall or covers that separate the engine from the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
Something doesn't look right in that picture. Are you trying to use a 987 intake?
Sorry to say, but that is the factory design. You are looking at the grill section from the 986 air intake scoop mounted against the side of my 986 racing car.

The only thing that is not as factory is the fact that I have removed the air box, so the normal snorkel thing is not in the picture.
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote