View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #21
jbs986

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
Porsche built it's name by building little light cars that could outrun the big engined Mercedes, Auto Unions, Ferraris and Maseratis. The German Lotus, if you will. We know they can build small, extremely fun cars that are as tough as bank vaults. They just don't do it and I know it's because of a drive for larger sales numbers and more market share. They're not building sports cars any more and it's dissapointing. Corvettes are lighter than 911s. That's not right.

I'll be buying an Elise when I replace the Boxster, but I'll be loosing the tight, solid structure, the intoxicating engine noises, and the ability to get into a fender bender and NOT total the car. Or maybe I'll get the Alfa instead and just deal with Italian build quality.
blue2000s, you hit the nail on the head, Porsche built some fast lightweight cars that were built like tanks and were simple.

I love the lines on my 986, I can not say the same about the new 2013 Boxster, hopefully it will look better in-person.

As for the Elise, I own a 2006, it is an assume Little car, but not a car for everyone, I bought mine because it was and is everything that I was looking for in a sports car. My boxster is my DD and my Lotus is my weekend toy and track car. I feel I have the best of both worlds.
jbs986 is offline   Reply With Quote