View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
Appleguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
Mark - That's a nice sedan you have there! 400+ HP has to be a blast in that platform. My experience with BMW's (I had an E46) is their HP output feels like it is rated lower than it actually is.

The 986 really looks good. Great job! The wheel guys did a nice job dialing in the correct offset. Have you driven it enough to make any observations? Does it feel more sluggish with the larger diameter wheels/tires? Have you experienced the more stiff ride? Those changes are worth it IMO unless you are going racing.

ddb
The M is a lot of fun to drive. So far I've only added the BMW factory performance exhaust which makes it sound super mean .

The new wheels on the 986 do feel a lot better. Keep in mind that my old 17" tires were dated (manufacture date of 2004) so they were really hard and worn. So the new set up feels like riding on cushions. The feel is firm yet not bouncy or stiff. It's actually comparable to the M (which is also on 19"). I guess it's all what you are use to. If you drive around a cushy ride all day long you'd probably think that my M and 986 were too firm. oh and thecar is not tracked.

Cheers

Mark
Appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote