View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #18
tonycarreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
I love Woodhouse. They're competitively priced, don't rip you off with stupid charges and treat you like someone special. When I had the Boxster in this summer for warranty work on the water pump, the SM told me when I picked her up that he fixed the window rattle. He did this on his own, I never said that was an issue. Earlier this yr they were hosting a spring get together and the SM asked if I wanted to watch while they did an IMS replacement (they're authorized to do the LN conversion). You always leave Woodhouse feeling good.
if that's the same place i'm thinking of (off of 80) then...

back over the summer i was on my way to denver and passing through nebraska. i had been having issues with my ignition switch (natch) but figured it would be fine to get me round-trip from MD to Denver. i stopped in lincoln to get some gas and i didn't think i would get the car started. i ended up calling the porsche dealer in omaha. i told him i was from out of town passing through. he offered to pick the car up, bring it back to the dealership, find me a hotel room and bump an appointment to fit me in. sadly they didn't have the housing in stock so it would have been monday before they could get to it (i called on friday). i remember thinking after the call that i felt like i was treated like a long-time customer even though he knew he'd never see my car again.

we even joked about the fact that all the dealer could do is replace it with the actual housing, and he mentioned that i could buy the audi part online much cheaper than the porsche part and do it myself. i told him i already knew that and we both laughed.

most other shops would have simply said "bring it in and we'll see when we can get to it."