View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
nefarious986

I have had good experience with both indy / dealership.

Last time I brought my car into the dealership with about 50 miles on the clock before warranty expired, they replaced my entire transmission for 'free' .. though a couple days after I got my car back, the car wont start .. turns out the alternator died out of warranty and they refused to admit fault saying the alternator is on the opposite side of the motor as the trans and that was not touched during the replacement. I have a sneaking suspicion it died because of how they kept the car during the month they had it but I don't know enough about how cars work to be sure. 3.5 stars out of 5 for them.

I'm also lucky that I live near a honest ( IMO ) indy .. he is a bit OCD .. lol.. but that's a good thing since it does translate to does very meticulous work. =D

He's great to deal with as long as you recognize the fact that he has to support a family / shop and have to pay bills too. Prices are still lower than dealership but not CHEAP by any means. However, last time I needed an 'emergency' inspection on Monday night before Laguna on Tuesday morning, he took my car at 4:30PM, gave it a thorough inspection, detailed the outside, and plugged a front tire by 7PM. I was on my way to Monterrey at 7:30. Try THAT at a dealership.
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote