View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #9
Bala

The installer had cut out the wire to the Haes amp connector. Took me a couple hours to 1. figure out how to connect the plug into the amp 2. how the wiring could be redone. 2 was easier than 1. Ended up breaking out the outer plastic of the connector plug. Why would design such a plug? Guess it needed some special tool. Well, one special that I had was a screw driver so it worked!

When all wires were connected it fired up pretty nice. Even tough it's not stock speakers (the aftermarket is still in there and I do have the stock) it sounds very nice. The door speakers sound thump thump on bass. Not sure why as they were working great on the aftermarket unit. Will replace all speakers with stock tomorrow.

Want to get an ipod connector for the cdr 220 and I'll be set.

Questions:

1. How do you secure the amp to the body? The bottom sits on the 2 clip mount just above the spare but where the top two go the holes are empty. Suspecting PO took it out. Does it have one of those rubber mounts that you screw into? Where can I get them as my pollen filter top cover also needs one.

2. Where does the antenna connect to? Looks like a wire needs to be put around the circular bolt int he back. Couldn't see any wire though.

3. I put the equalizer (?) on top slot, radio below, next one is empty. This is where I would like a cubby hole. Last one has the HVAC as that is the one with the two screws. Is this the stock config?

4. Need face plate for the top equalizer. Are they easy to get?
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote