View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
Perfectlap

This shop doesn't do those sort of bondo chop shop repairs, it's not a "volume" type shop either. The owner was formerly in charge of body work for a nearby Porsche dealership and the recommendation came from a well-regarded Porsche expert. I had color-matching concerns so I wanted to make sure I was dealing with someone who had a great deal of experience on these cars.
I think the issue here is that like repairing the car through an independent vs a dealer, the costs for bodywork can vary in an extreme way for the same outcome. I don't want to pay the dealer rate if the cost/benefit doesn't justify it.

I hear you on the corrosion protection but our enthusiast cars tend to be meticulously waxed/maintaned and stored in garages. So I'm not that concerned on that end. These guys deal with a lot of vintage Porsches where long-term durability would definitely be important so I don't doubt the quality of the paint work. I just don't want to get hosed and I'm glad I got the check rather than having the bill sent straight to insurance company.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 12-16-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote