View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 05:40 AM   #3
ProjectM96

Hey. I also have a 2000 Boxster that I bought last year as my first car. It has been great.

Air Filter, go for BMC or an AFE filter. They are the best in my opinion and many members here have the BMC filter installed.

Pelican Parts sparkplugs are fine. Also get the fuel filter from there. Easy replacement.

Keep in mind that you have to remove the rear wheels and the inner wheel plastic arches to have access to the sparkplugs. Make sure you have your radio code with you because when you disconnect battery, you will need to type in the radio code later on.

I would also clean the throttle body. Just diconnect everything, clean it with alcohol or electric parts cleaner, and put it back together in reverse order. This will decrease your chances of having a fluctuating idle speed.

Buy a Torx Set either from online or Home Depot. Make sure you get the T20 and T30 especially since they are used alot on this car. For the MAF sensor, to open the door frame, and for other things. It is good to have to take care of future problems.

Oil. Use 0w-40 or 5w-40. Porsche recommends using Mobil One synthetic oil.

I have been using the cheapest oil I can find. Pennzoil. I have no problems with it.

At 90,000 miles, change your transmission oil. If it has less than 90k, don't worry about it yet. ^ I read about the 90k transmission oil change in the owners manual.

Good Luck.
ProjectM96 is offline   Reply With Quote