View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 05:23 AM   #14
986_inquiry
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986_inquiry View Post
Been spending some time on the Pontiac Solstice forum, seeing what they have to say about the Boxster: Pontiac Solstice Forum - Search Results for Boxster

They're pretty realistic, general consensus is the Boxster is way out of the Solstice's league and many of them wish they could afford a Boxster or even afford the maintanence a used Boxster requires. Most justify the Solstice by saying the turbo model has a similar 0-60 as the older S and has cheaper performance mods available but others just come right out and admit "I should have bought a used Boxster".

So I'm curious: seeing how we're all Boxster owners, has anyone had any regrets and wished they bought some other vehicle than a Boxster? Besides other Porsche models
Ok to simplify the posts please start each post with "Instead of a Boxster I wish I would have bought..."

Example: Instead of a Boxster I wish I would have bought... nothing else, the Boxster is perfect.

or

Instead of a Boxster I wish I would have bought... the Boxster made sense at the time for the price, but if I had the money I would have bought a lambo (or vette or GT3 or whatever)

Please do not say "Instead of a Boxster I wish I would have bought... a Veyron (or other ridiculous example)" unless it was something you could have actually purchased at the time and was considering. Posts will be on google/internet for all time so I'd like for others to come back and read this someday and go "Wow all these owners really liked their Boxsters even after many years of ownership, repairs, etc."

Also please include what you bought and when you bought it.

Here's mine:

Instead of a Boxster I wish I would have bought... nothing else, it's perfect so far. 1998 2.5, purchased 2011

Last edited by 986_inquiry; 12-15-2011 at 05:29 AM.
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote