View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #19
xclusivecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJP3003
Hey Xclusivecar, I noticed you also had an '05 Elise. Why did you sell it? (I just traded mine for my '04 Boxster S--- the Elise's AC couldn't handle the heat in Miami.) Very cool car otherwise.

Since having bought the car sight unseen (probably as you did) I didn't realize how unusable the car really was. I was OK with:The size, the handling, and the look. Not OK with:The leaky roof, the leaky rear trunk lid, the lack of AC, the brake fade, the lack of speed, and needing to keep it over 6500 RPM at all times to even move. You hear EVERYTHING-sounds as if it will fall apart, feel EVERYTHING...not a bad thing though.

ALSO-always afraid of getting hit as it has no bumpers and is so small.
ALSO-Yes, it is a very cool looking car and i'm sure its great at a track but here in Chicago you won't find a decent track or a twisty road.

The Boxster just is everything the Elise isn't...to me! Very usable everyday, will keep up or surpass the Elise in performance and comes fully loaded with options unavailable to the Elise.

Enjoy your Boxster...My next car will be another Porsche for sure. Maybe Boxster...maybe Cayman.