View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #16
Kroggers

Thank you for all the good info and help. Basically the car was delivered with the engine as stock. To save some money, I had only the minimum done to get the car approved by FIA. Figured other "improvements" could be done by me as and when I had the time and money.

I only got the car at the start of the 2011 season, so this winter is the first time I get to start looking at what I should do.

The IPD plenum was my first "upgrade", installed it last week. So "no" I have not done any tuning for the plenum - I hope to do that at some point with a DME upgrade...

I will remove the engine fan, and do some reading on how to remove the smog pump - is there an "idiots" how to on the forum I can read for this?

Where is the breather for the power steering, and how do I extend it?

Sorry for the stupid questions. I am new to the Boxster and this is the first time I have started to look at all this in detail

And, yes - cleaning the engine is on my list

-- EDIT --

OK, did some searching, and if I understand correctly I need to get the following parts from Porsche to be able to remove the smog pump:
996 113 140 53
996 113 340 50
996 113 233 50
996 113 213 51

I also need to remove the intake system to get to the parts that have to be removed and replaced.

Does this sound correct, or have I managed to get the wrong information?

Last edited by Kroggers; 12-14-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote