View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
tonycarreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Like I said, I'm not overly interested a unit with phenominal sound, I just wanted something decent that looks more stock than the Sony unit presently there.
i'm happy with the sound that comes from mine - i do have the amp, but not the rear speakers. i have no desire for some red and blue pulsating aftermarket unit. i prefer the coordinating orange glow.

he is right about the controls. they are finicky when turning the knob to change the radio "dial" or move through songs on the CD. it will move forward then jump back. have to do it a couple of times. annoying sure but i don't really use the cd or radio functions anymore.

if i'm on a long road trip, i listen to episodes of my favorite shows stored on my ipod through the stereo. sometimes i'll use the iphone to stream msnbc on sirius and just use the phone's speaker or plug in headphones if the top is down.

as long as you're not expecting it to sound like the boston pops are hiding in the dash you should be okay with the aftermarket + amp. look around for someone parting out their car. (and get one that comes with the code)

Last edited by tonycarreon; 12-10-2011 at 05:59 PM.
tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote