View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
Mark_T

Seeing as someone else brought it up, these raffles are a bit of a thorn in my side, and are the reason I let my PCA membership lapse. The PCA is supposed to include the US and Canada, however, it seems that Canadians are second class members in this club. You'll notice that the car being raffled is a US spec car that must be picked up from a US dealership. If a Canadian wins the raffle, he/she must assume the additional expense of importing the car into Canada, or take the cash equivalent, which is actually not equivalent to the value of the car at all. There is no option to get a Canadian spec car from a Canadian dealership. I feel that if you can't offer the deal equally to all members, then it shouldn't be offered at all.

When I brought my concerns to the PCA leadership the (rather arrogant) response was basically "Too bad - if you don't like it don't buy a ticket."

Another issue is the PCA Platinum Visa that is heavily advertised in every newsletter. You guessed it - not available to Canadians.

When there is a PCC (Porsche Club of Canada) I will join, but I will be a second-class member in no-one's club. Even the name, Porsche Club of America, is unspeakably arrogant and assuming. It is the Porsche Club of the United States. Period. It does not represent Central or South America as most of the countries in these regions have their own clubs, and it does not fully or adequately support it's Canadian members.

Anyway, that's why I'm not a PCA member.