Thread: Wheel Noise
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I get a high frequency squeal from my right rear brake sometimes, and more often than I'd like, really. It's only that wheel, and it's definitely the brakes, because I only hear it when they are applied. It's not consistent, but it is a frequent occurence, and I thought it had to do with the brakes being cold, but even after they're good and hot it can still happen. I think it has to do with the amount of pressure I put on the brakes. It doesn't take much of a foot stomp to stop our cars, as many of us know, so I find myself not hitting the brakes very hard, and many times I will get that high pitched noise. If I apply more pressure to the brakes, 99 times out of 100 it will go away immediately, and that 1 other time it may take another second or two to go away.

Does what I've described sound at all similar to your issue? Does this noise happen even when you're not braking? If so, have a look at your brakes and see if maybe one of your calipers is sticking and braking when it shouldn't be.

Not saying this is definitely your problem or mine, but it's a possibility to look into.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote