View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:03 AM   #16
Flavor 987S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
We offer all our customers full UOA's as part of their normal annual service package; they get the benefit of a full oil analysis, and we developed a rather large data base of info and several brands of oil, as well as different weights with in a given brand in various models of cars. We have been doing this now for several years.

Over time, we also get to see the impact of these oils on the components when we do normal maintenance on the cars, as well as the occasional tear down when specific repairs require it; which gives us the chance to compare the car's cumulative UOA's with the conditions we find with in the engine. We base our oil recommendations on the culmination of all of this information.
Excellent service to your customers, JFP in PA! I also do UOA's for my Porsches, including gear oil. The reports are very helpful when you start to build data points over many miles and several years worth of reports. Have you ever posted on this Forum any of your UOA's? May I have a link, if you have. Thanks.

But, I'd like to know why JMatta thinks he's "having great results for years". Does he do UOA's on his specific car? Is he extrapolating your data into his car? Just curious about how he measures the results.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote