View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
my89_928gt

I have had a thought!

Now I have had my 97 Boxster 5sp for just over a year and half.
I love the car and I dislike it at the same time. The car is just to dam slow. I knew that before I bought it and figured in a couple years I will see what I can do about that. Well in all my researching before buying I did not check into the aftermarket performance area. Well it preaty much sucks. Not much their and what is is way over priced and minumal gains.
The only other complaint was the high speed stabilaty issue. Witch I have gotten used to. Now I'm not saying the car is not stable, just very responsive. Other former 928 owners should understand where I'm comming from on that one.

Now to my thought,
I'm thinking of buying a higher millage used boxster engine(2.5 like I have is ok-they can be gotten preaty cheep)and tearing it down and rebuilding it. Putting in lower compresion pistons, maybe larger valves if can be had, and maybe cam's(though costly) what ever else maybe required like extra cooling. Then put a supper charger on running high boost in the mid to upper teens.
If done right I figure this should be more than I can handle and if something gose wrong with it, well I would still have my good engine.

Any one know is some has done something like this?

Richard
my89_928gt is offline   Reply With Quote