View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:33 AM   #18
Flavor 987S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts View Post
Some Porsche dealers have been very competitive on price lately, trying to win market share. This has happened at various times over the past 13 years, and typically lasts until the dealership realizes that it can't sell stuff for that cheap and eventually raises it's prices (or goes under). In this case (just guessing), Suncoast would have to order the part, get it in, and then ship it out several days later. Pelican has 36 available to ship right now. In addition, I think Suncoast charges a 15% handling fee + shipping costs on top of that ($32 shipping when I checked out their site). With the purchase of a tank from Pelican, you get free shipping, and this tank would also qualify for free 3-day shipping anywhere in the continental US.

We're constantly reviewing our pricing on various lines. In this case, I did some more research and discovered that our current supplier for this part is way overpriced! So, I have lowered the price on this part down to $250. Not as low as the other guys, but now in the ballpark. You can order the part here: Pelican Parts - Product Information: 996-106-147-08-OEM

Thanks for pointing this out to us,

Wayne
Wayne, good job on your price adjustment. That's good business.

Places like Sunset Porsche and Suncoast Porsche are excellent vendors and parts suppliers to the Porsche community. I have NEVER been charged a "handling fee" of 15%. Their shipping charges are very competitive, and can be fast ($$$$) or slow ($) depending on the customer's requirements. For very common, every-day, routine maintenance parts, they are in-stock and can be shipped the same day.

IIRC, Sunset and Suncoast's pricing model is approx 15% over thier costs. No sales tax (if you live outside of thier State). Most of our local dealerships charge double the price paid to Porsche.

The last few years, I have almost exclusively purchased from Sunset. Phil Coy has my cars on file, and credit card number. I send him an e-mail with my request. Within hours he confirms everything, and ships the part(s). If I find the same item on the internet, for a lower price (does not happen often), he will price match it or beat it slightly. Drama free. If I order a part they don't have, I am not charged until the part arrive to them, and they ship it to me.

I only purchase OEM Porsche parts.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote