View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
fooksm

Garage
How to read the ME7.2 on a Bench

I have now managed to read the ME7.2, using my Bench harness, lab supply and Galletto cable, so here is a quick how to:

1. The Power supply should be able to provide a minimum of 13v.... I use a Lab supply, tuned to give 13.5v DC output.

2. The wiring harness I use has mini clips on the ends of each cable but I will make up a harness which uses salvage ECU connectors for the ME5.2.2, ME7.2 etc. so that plugging in is quicker and safer in the future.

I have created a photo of the pinouts here: http://www.cyberfooks.com/Porsche/Porsche-ME7.2-Bench-Flash-Pinouts.JPG

3. Connect the +12v to pins 1/1,1/2,1/7,1/8 AND 1/9

4. Connect the -12v to pin 1/5 OR 1/6

5. Connect the K-Line to pin 1/3

6. Power up the lab supply

7. perform the initial actions in Galletto to "ECU Detect"

8. Click on "Read ECU"

9. When Galletto tells you to reboot the ECU with pin 24 grounded, use the following proceedure instead!!!

9a) switch off the lab supply
9b) hold a -12v lead on the main circuit board position shown.
9c) switch on the lab power supply.
9d) after about 5 seconds, pull the ground lead away from the circuit board.
9e) tap OK in Galletto
9f) It should now be in boot mode and you should see galletto download a 512K file.

2001 Boxster S - 997 GT3 bodykit, Techart Wheels, Air Suspension, 2DIN stereo-GPS-Bluetooth-Reverse numberplate camera, rear speakers, Park assist, PSM, Litronic, Porsche Crests in the headrests, Rebuilt engine-IMS upgrade,Eurocup Boxster matched tube manifolds-twin high-flow cats- twin high flow rear silencers, Short-shift kit.

1999 Boxster - Xenon dip, Main and fog, Park assist, stereo-GPS-Bluetooth, rear speakers, sub-woofer
fooksm is offline   Reply With Quote