View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Will a front GT3 on full soft give a good setting for sticky street or will you be sliding? You could then adjust for compounds.

I am feeling too much front end rolling with stock S front bar....I may just be me

I feel the rear stock S to be okay right now but was going to eventually go tarrett on full soft as a next step
I have a front GT3 bar on full soft running R-comp NT-01s. Personally I think it is too much bar for the front of a Boxster unless you are running slicks, but others will surely disagree. I don't like a car that feels totally tied down. Too much sway bar F/R can result in a very precise but twitchy ride with a lot of wheel spin on corner exit. Wheel spin is slow.

My brother's 99 still has a stock front bar and M030 rear which feels great... and he is very fast.

Suspension setups are a very personal thing and there is no "one perfect setting" for every driver. You have my suggested setups based on the way I like a Boxster to feel when driven at the edge. Consider that a starting point for further testing until you find what works best for you. Tommy Kendall also prefers a car with a little movement (not too much sway bar). Scott Pruett likes the front to bite and be really loose in the rear. Andy Lally likes very balanced, neutral, and precise. All three certainly know how to win. All three would say " choose your tire compounds first, then set up your sways."

Last edited by Topless; 11-28-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote