View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 06:03 AM   #11
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupee View Post
I'm going to make the change because I heard Porsches are far more reliable than 1st gen MINIs which have a ridiculous amount of problems from the factory. I know that ALL german cars are expensive cars to repair, the car before my MINI was a 2000 Jetta 1.8T which h I performed all maintenance on and I perform all the maintenance and repair on my MINI. I'm also used to oil changes that often since I performed them with Pentosin synthetic 5W-40 every 3K miles.
Some of the other guys are trying to give you some good advice on buying the right Boxster. But I'm telling you there's not much chance that a Porsche isn't going to cost even more. Your going to have to replace things on the Porsche that you didn't even know existed on other cars. The reputation Porsche built for solid construction is a long gone memory. Keep reading through the threads of this and the other Porsche boards.

No offense to some of the others, but if you haven't owned onee of these cars for at least five years, you don't know what long term ownership is like. I've had mine for six years.

These are rewarding, exhilarating, capable high performance cars, but short of some of the Italian brands, they are probably some of the most temperamental modern cars made.

Last edited by blue2000s; 11-27-2011 at 06:07 AM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote