View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
Jake D

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Sorry to ad a bit of editorial to the topic but;

Please remember the help / guidance you receive from this website. Hopefully that will enter into your decision as to who to support with your dollars.......JMHO.
I completely agree expect that I have the car for sale and I can't really justify spending an extra $100 for a tank on a car I might not own by this time next week. At the same time you'd think they'd check each others prices and be a little more competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
Maybe since this is a common failure some will raise the price and lower it on others. Coolant tank is an expensive job on labor so the near $100 price difference has to factor into the decision.

I was dreading changing the tank, and thought I'd mess with it some tonight to see how bad it was going to be to change. Once again I was disappointed in how much whining I've heard on the board about how hard it is to change. I had the dumb thing out in probably 30-35 mins tops with a pair of vice grips and a flashlight. No fancy spring tool or all the other stuff I've read. My hands don't look like they've been though a blender like I've read on here multiple times. My only complaint was I was looking at the tank and burnt my forearm on the stupid trunk bulb. I wrenched on cars for 5 years through college and either I am a better mechanic than I give myself credit for, or people blow things way out of proportion on here..

I had a similar experience with my top. Read all about how its SOOOO difficult to take off and whatnot. I had it off by myself in about an hour.. Had new vinyl sewn in. Reinstalled in about 1.5 hours. No big deal