Thread: Darth Vader
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
husker boxster

Darth Vader

Woodhouse sent out a post card a couple of weeks ago advertising their White Saturday get together. It's the Sat after Thanksgiving and they will have cars, trinkets, finger food and drinks available. I signed several of my family members up.

They also said they were doing extended test drives and you could sign up to drive a 2012 Porsche. Whoa! That sounded interesting! I gave them a call and asked if I could reserve a 911. I spoke to Brian and he said they had a 911 C4 that I could use. Cool.

Fast forward to today and I contacted Brian to see what the details were. He said I could pick it up anytime and keep it for 48 hrs. The car they reserved for me was "in negotiations" so I wouldn't be able to use it. He rattled off several alternative 911s that he had available (no twin turbos, darn!) but he did mention one that got my attn: amongst the C2s and Cabs he said he had a GTS. I said that one sounded like fun. I didn't know they made a 911 GTS and have no idea where it falls in the 911 pecking order. Brian said it was a Cab with PDK. Works for me. I would pick it up later today (Wed) and keep it through late Fri.

Sitting out front was this menacing triple black 911 with black Spyder wheels. We did a little paper work and went through a few instructions and off I went. I stopped by work to show a few people and got quite a few comments from other people leaving work. My friends were asking me what it cost and I said I'd guess $90K. We opened the trunk and there was the window sticker - $131,800!!! Are you kidding me?

It's AWD and 408HP with Nav, heated Alcantara sport seats, sport chrono, Bose and PDK. And only 28 mi. I really like the sport seats. Still not a fan of PDK (I had a PDK Panamera as a loaner this summer). On it's own, it will lumber along and get more athletic when you step up your game. And I'm not used to the paddle shifting yet. Will do some practicing tomorrow when the roads aren't so full of people. Vader feels a bit heavy but it will set you back in your seat when you hit the go pedal.

I stopped by a friends house to take him for a quick drive. Afterwards we were looking Vader over and he said if he didn't know what they cost, he'd pick my Boxster and Cayman over the 911. I think so too. And my 987s are more practical with 2 trunks. But the acceleration is intoxicating. It feels sophisticated to the 987's simple.

I'll post more pics tomorrow, if I can stop driving it.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote