View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
demick

Sorry, I forgot about this thread and hadn't checked it.

I installed the UDP along with a couple of other items including a low temp thermostat at the same time. This was during last summer. So although I had never really paid attention to the water temp before, I became a bit hyper-sensitive about it after. I expected a drop in water temp due to the low temp thermostat, but the water temp didn't drop, and even seemed like it may have gone up slightly. I thought this may be due to the UDP. So I removed it. But the water temps remained the same with and without. So in hindsight, I don't think that my water temps ever changed, I just became sensitive to paying attention to them. But I'm pretty sure I saw no drop in temp due to the low temp thermostat.

With all that said, I realized during all of this that the car already has plenty of power for me and I really could care less about an extra 5 or 10 horsepower or whatever this offers. I have the opportunity to drive the car in a way to notice this extra power so seldom that I just decided to sell it rather than reinstall it.

Well, that's the short and long story.