View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:34 AM   #19
Perfectlap

Carnauba over SG is not always an enhancement.
I layered SG (30 coats) on the Boxster over the course of a month last November.
adding s100 Carnauba didn't really make it better. Ditto when I only did 6 layers.
Carnauba reflects light off a black surface in a very different way vs. SG alone.
And once you add Carnauba to the mix you can't use SG anymore, you can only use Carnauba as a topper. Sonus Carnauba spritz (pinkish liquid) works well for weekly use.

SG alone, layered heavily gives black a candied look. Kinda of like if you added ten coats of clear coat. Some people think this looks too bling bling. But SG layered heavily will give your car very good protection. Carnauba over the bare paint is just more of a dressing.

Btw, apply All in One with a foam pad. Its very thick and doesn't need to be spread heavily. All though liberaly applying it doesn't hurt, jus more to remove and more little bits of dried powder to brush away.
SG should be applied using a loop end microfiber towel or pad. Sonus Acrylic SPritz is a god day after spray to remove streaking (consequence of applying too much SG)
I HIGHLY recommend staying clear of split end microfiber pads/towel on paint. You'll know by the prickly feeling when you run hand over it. Sonus makes nice waffle weave towels. Carnauba should be removed ONLY with a concourse grade buffing towel.
Actually all buffing should be done with a dedicated buffing towel. Keep it in a Zip lock bag to keep it dirt free.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-21-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote