View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Spinnaker

Don't want to rain on your parade, cuz it rains here enough, but I have lived here all my life and I wouldn't spend my money at the Space Needle. Very overpriced and only so-so food. The view is great on a clear day, but that is a gamble here in Seattle. I know it is a landmark and all that stuff, but if you are eating dinner there, it will be dark at this time of the year and you won't be able to see the mountains and other distant views anyways. The view of the city at night is cool though.
If I want to eat out on the town at somewhere special, I head for the Palisade's Restaurant, almost in the shadow of the Space Needle. Much better food and great ambiance.
Palisade

Gerber Motorsports is the local independent shop that I use for the heavy stuff I don't or can't do myself. They are next door to Goodman Racing that has a nice collection of vintage race cars, early Vettes, and some current racecars. They have a Lamborghini there at times, the likes of which most have never seen. Seems that they built a dozen to them for Saudi Arabia for a special purpose. It looks like an exotic Hummer. Not open on the weekends though unless someone is there working on a race car for some reason. If you get there, ask Mark at Gerber for the tour of the collection, their shops interconnect. It is about a mile and a half north of the Palisade's restaurant and a little hard to find if you don't know the streets in the area. Driving in Seattle can be a challenge for the uninitiated; many of the street layouts don't make any sense and the GPS's aren't always accurate.
GERBER MOTORSPORT | HOME
The Goodman Collection

Pacific Raceways is a long way from Seattle, but they have a Go Cart facility there that I have been dying to try.
PGP Motorsports Park | Circuit Information

Have fun while you are here, and if you really want to be a tourist, take your picture in front of the very first Starbucks down at the Pike Place Market.
BTW, the Museum of Flight is worth it, especially if you are in to aviation.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 11-19-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote