View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
John99Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350 View Post
John - Did that front with rain blow through yesterday...it did here. It had been windy and raining. It is possible moister blew in the car and the temps dropped very fast as they did here. Basically the left over moisture in the car didn't get a chance to escape, the plastic cools very fast and reached the dew point inside the car, dew forms on the window and then with the rappid temp drop freezes on the plastic before it can evaporate.
It's going to be cold again tonight and the cold dry breezes today should have balanced the moisture in your car with the outside, see how much is on it in the morning on Sat. With the rapid temp drops I'm not saying you won't see any because the plastic cools so fast (ie before the temp inside the car can drop) but there should be less.

Whip....good insight...but the condensation was on the inside of the front windshield....I have a glass rear window and it was fine.....the side windows were clear as well.....just the interior of the windshield. Very strange.

Yes, we did have a pretty strong front blow through last night and the temps dropped very quickly.

I hope tomorrow morning reveals a clear windshield. If not, I will have to research other potential problems.

thanks for your insight.
Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged
John99Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote