View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
In the 997, the Carrera has the narrowest body. The CS and C4 have the same body, and the C4S is wider still. Not sure where the turbo and GTs fit into the mix.

Instead of replacing the 911 with the 928, as was the plan, the 911 has just become the 928.
I think you could put the current flat 6 engine, Porsche V8, or V6 in the front of the 991 and basically have a 928 (water cooled, front engine, GT layout). True Porschefiles may have a problem with calling it a 911, but as long as it had the 911 name and general shape, the general buying public wouldn't care.

I just looked on the Porsche website and they list the 991 Carrera and Carrera S as the same width. These are the only two variants currently listed.

Oddly enough, in the 997 series, the website lists the Carrera Cabriolet, Carrera S Cabriolet, Carrera 4 Cabriolet, and Carrera 4S Cabriolet all having the same width. According to their website specifications, you need a Carrera GTS Cabriolet to get a wider body, which they list as equal in width to the Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Turbo Cabriolet, & Turbo S Cabriolet.

I've read conflicting information on the widths elsewhere, so I'm confused.
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote